3D Mobile Mapping
Global Raymac's mobile mapping uses LiDAR technology to create highly detailed and accurate 3D representations of terrain and infrastructure projects in a single survey pass. Mobile 3D scanning and mapping is quickly becoming one of the most important geospatial technologies available and will revolutionize the way large projects are surveyed.
Global Raymac is proud to utilize the first Trimble MX9 in Canada. The MX9 is an advanced mobile mapping solution that delivers high-quality 3D LiDAR point cloud data when mapping large and inaccessible areas in a fraction of the time.
Our mobile mapping solution allows us to quickly and efficiently generate deliverables such as:
Road and rail assets
3D city ‘Smart models’
Road condition reports
Transmission and distribution condition assessment
Pavement condition assessment
• In comparison to traditional surveying, the MX9 can do a week’s worth of surveys in a single day.
• Rich corridor data can be collected at highway speeds, significantly improving data collection on busy roadways and avoiding costly lane closures.
• Safe working conditions inside a vehicle versus surveyors being exposed to risky traffic with dangerous drivers.
• No return visits to the site as everything is collected all at once.
Our industry-leading LiDAR mapping technology is characterized by its ability to capture dense point cloud data along with 360° immersive imagery that is georeferenced using an industry-leading spherical camera, GNSS/IMU technology, and dual-head laser scanning sensors.
• Multi-camera setup for 360° imagery plus 2 adjustable oblique cameras, and a downward-facing pavement camera
• Output can be pushed to any format (cloud-based, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.)
• High point cloud density with complementary immersive imagery captures dense point clouds and images—both panoramic and multi-angle.
The result is data of unrivaled accuracy, density, and repeatability.
MX9 sample data - A coloured walkthrough
MX9 sample data - A coloured by intensity walkthrough