Survey Party Chief, Utilities
Global Raymac is one of Western Canada’s leading surveying, geomatics, and engineering firms that leverages the latest technology to offer our clients innovative solutions to their unique projects.
We are a creative, multi-disciplinary organization with 40 years of industry experience, over 250 employees, 80 field crews, and 9 offices. Our people are involved in some of Canada’s largest projects in construction, oil and gas, and transportation.
We are committed to creating an engaging, safe, and respectful environment for our people and we’re proud to support the communities in which we live and work. We are innovators, unique problem solvers, and collaborators, and are looking for enthusiastic people like you!
We are seeking Survey Party Chiefs to fulfill positions within our Utilities Sector! If you have Geomatics experience and would love the idea of working locally and being home most every night, we would love to have you join our team! The ideal candidates would be familiar with all aspects of Powerline Surveying. Your role will be dynamic, exciting, and rewarding as you support your fellow team in a fulfilling work environment.
• Experience as a Survey Crew Chief or 5+ years as a Survey Assistant
• Experience in Legal Surveys
• Post Secondary education preferred but not required
• Proficient in the use of Trimble Survey Equipment
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness to work in all weather conditions, in all seasons.
• Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is mandatory)
• Previous Power Line Survey experience
• Previous construction and/or engineering layout survey experience
• Willingness to work away from home for extended periods
• Experience operating ATV/UTV’s and snowmobiles
• Perform data collection, construction layout, boundary, and as-built surveys
• Work with Project Managers to complete the field survey for various projects
• Perform field calculations, interpret survey plans and engineering drawings
• Compile field notes, submit data, and communicate field details to the office
• Operate ATV’s, UTV’s, or snowmobiles to get to remote locations
• Provide mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
• Dental care
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• RRSP match
• Tuition reimbursement
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to email@example.com
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!