Survey Party Chief, Utilities
Global Raymac is one of Western Canada’s leading surveying, geomatics, and engineering firms that leverages the latest technology to offer our clients innovative solutions to their unique projects.
We are a creative, multi-disciplinary organization with 40 years of industry experience, over 250 employees, 80 field crews, and 9 offices. Our people are involved in some of Canada’s largest projects in construction, oil and gas, and transportation.
We are committed to creating an engaging, safe, and respectful environment for our people and we’re proud to support the communities in which we live and work. We are innovators, unique problem solvers, and collaborators, and are looking for enthusiastic people like you!
We are seeking Survey Party Chiefs to fulfill positions within our Utilities Sector! If you have Geomatics experience and would love the idea of working locally and being home most every night, we would love to have you join our team! The ideal candidates would be familiar with all aspects of Powerline Surveying. Your role will be dynamic, exciting, and rewarding as you support your fellow team in a fulfilling work environment.
• Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent, with experience
• Well versed in the operation of Total Stations, GPS, GNSS Technology and other data collection technologies
• Experience working on field surveys for major electric power companies including field work for design layout and construction of power generation, transmission, substation and distribution facilities. Experience completing field survey work such as:
- Preliminary Engineering Design and Staking
- Structure Staking
- Centerline Staking
- Centerline and Offset Profiling
- Transmission Line Surveys
- Substation Surveys
- Underground and Overhead Distribution Surveys
- Legal Surveys
- Line Locating
- Topographic Surveys
- Drafting/Calculating Skills
• Surveying experience
• Valid driver’s license and experience operating ATV’s and snowmobiles
• Valid and applicable safety courses are required and will be provided if necessary
Page 2 of 2
• Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is mandatory)
• Team oriented attitude and strong work ethic.
The compensation package for this position will commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to email@example.com and quote opportunity code PC-Utilities-20220414.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!