Survey Party Chief, Pipeline & Integrity Projects
Global Raymac is one of Western Canada’s leading surveying, geomatics, and engineering firms that leverages the latest technology to offer our clients innovative solutions to their unique projects.
We are a creative, multi-disciplinary organization with 40 years of industry experience, over 250 employees, 80 field crews, and 9 offices. Our people are involved in some of Canada’s largest projects in construction, oil and gas, and transportation.
We are committed to creating an engaging, safe, and respectful environment for our people and we’re proud to support the communities in which we live and work. We are innovators, unique problem solvers, and collaborators, and are looking for enthusiastic people like you!
Global Raymac Surveys is seeking experienced Party Chiefs to support our growing Pipeline & Integrity Projects division. The successful candidate must be familiar with all aspects of big inch pipeline surveying, from FEED to construction to integrity. The individual will join a growing and dynamic team-oriented atmosphere that will provide a fulfilling work environment.
• Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years Pipeline related Party Chief experience
• Willingness to work away from home for extended periods and in all weather conditions
• Valid driver’s license and experience operating ATV/UTV’s and snowmobiles
• Valid and applicable safety courses are required and will be provided if necessary
• Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is mandatory)
• Team oriented attitude and strong work ethic
• Experience working on Pipeline Construction projects for major pipelines including field work for ditch line staking, tally, weld mapping, or lower in, etc. is considered an asset
• Familiarity with the Trimble Pipeline Module is considered an asset
• Complete accountability and oversight for a field survey work as assigned
• Autonomous total station and equipment setup
• Complete field, and on site, client communication and management accountability
• Full and autonomous field stakeout set up (level and control networks etc.)
• Full accountability and ability, to support, direct and assess Location Management and Survey Standards
• Decision making authority for supply and equipment maintenance and company asset repair and maintenance
• Complete accountability for company credit card purchases associated with their field work
• Equipment maintenance, control, repair and inventory accountability
• Complete interpretation of, and execution of, Project Manager field direction
• Data collection and field measurement downloading & accuracy
• Advanced calculation skills and angle/ distance measurement
• Time sheet entry & expense oversight for themselves and their assistant
• Ensures the completion of Field Hazard documentation and assessment
• Responsible for their own safe conduct within the field and for identifying and rectifying any hazards and or unsafe working situations
• Responsible to ensure their own Personal Protective Equipment is in good working order and worn according to the GRSI Health and Safety standards
• Responsible to ensure they demonstrate exemplary safety awareness and standards and oversee all Survey Assistant
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
• Dental care
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• RRSP match
• Tuition reimbursement
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!