Survey Party Chief
Global Raymac Surveys is seeking a highly motivated Party Chief to join our growing Branch Office in Grande Prairie. The successful candidate must be familiar with all aspects of oil and gas, construction surveying, infrastructure and commercial sectors. The individual will join a growing and dynamic team oriented atmosphere that will provide a fulfilling work environment.
At Global Raymac, our enthusiastic team thrives in an environment that encourages innovative thinking and those who have an aspiration to make a difference.
• Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent
Well versed in the operation of Total Stations, GNSS Technology and other data collection technologies
• Minimum 2 years of Construction and Oil and Gas surveying experience
• Willingness to work away from home for extended periods if required, most work is local and in all weather conditions
• Valid Class 5 drivers license and experience operating ATV’s and snowmobiles
• Valid, applicable safety courses are required and will be provided if necessary
Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is mandatory)
• Team oriented attitude and strong work ethic
• Complete accountability and oversight for a field survey work as assigned
• Autonomous station and equipment Set Up
• Complete field, and on site, client communication and management accountability
• Full and autonomous field stakeout set up (level and control networks etc.)
• Full accountability and ability, to support, direct and assess Location Management and Survey Standards
• Decision making authority for supply and equipment maintenance and company asset repair and maintenance
• Complete accountability for company gas card and credit card purchases associated with their field work
• Equipment maintenance, control, repair and inventory accountability
• Complete interpretation of, and execution of, Project Manager field direction
• Data collection and field measurement downloading & accuracy
• Advanced calculation skills and angle/ distance measurement
• Time sheet entry & expense oversight for themselves and their assistant
• Ensures the completion of Field Hazard documentation and assessment
• Responsible for their own safe conduct within the field and for identifying and rectifying any hazards and or unsafe working situations
• Responsible to ensure their own Personal Protective Equipment is in good working order and worn according to the GRSI Health and Safety standards
• Responsible to ensure they demonstrate exemplary safety awareness and standards and oversee all Survey Assistant activity to ensure they also maintain all GRSI Health and Safety standards
• Advanced level field note taking & accountability
• Division specialization, and demonstrated excellence in a given discipline of field survey (Oilfield, Large Scale Construction sites etc.)
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to the email address provided and quote opportunity code GP-PC-OG20210419 .
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!