Global Raymac Surveys is seeking geomatics summer students and grads as Survey Assistants to join our Construction and Pipeline division field crews. The successful candidates must be detail orientated, have strong listening/communication skills. The individuals will join a growing and dynamic team-oriented atmosphere that will provide a fulfilling work environment.
At Global Raymac, our enthusiastic team thrives in an environment that encourages innovative thinking and those who have an aspiration to make a difference.
• Previous survey experience or Geomatics post-secondary diploma or currently attending Geomatics program
• Spatial recognition skills
• Basic computer operation for email, spreadsheets, and search functions
• Able to use basic tools such as a tape measures, shovels and sledgehammers
• Able to lift and carry over distance 30lbs or more
• Preference will be given to those who have or are able to successfully complete the following training:
• WHIMIS & First Aid, PST, H2S
• Driver’s License
• All-terrain-vehicle and/or snowmobile
• Ground Disturbance
• General field support for the Party Chief
• Digging for survey posts
• Flagging and marking boundaries
• Equipment transport
• Responsible for their own safe conduct within the field and for identifying to the Party Chief any hazards and/or unsafe working situations
• Responsible to ensure their own Personal Protective Equipment is in good working order and worn according to the GRSI Health and Safety standards
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to the email address provided and quote opportunity code SA-20210317.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!