Global Raymac Surveys Inc. offers precision and state-of-the-art bathymetic and hydrographic survey services to clients across Western Canada. Our team of highly skilled, experienced professionals and specialized technicians bring over 10 years of shallow water mapping expertise to projects requiring specific aquatic environment and water course solutions.
Global Raymac’s Hydrography Team has experience and knowledge in almost every type of aquatic/water environment and has, as a result, developed workflows and in- depth safe work procedures that enable us to maximize the capture of the high-quality data required for hydrological and engineering assessments in the most efficient way, while ensuring our people, our clients, and the environment are protected. Our tried and tested QA/QC protocols are subject to strict quality follow-ups, control processes, and continual improvement efforts, ensuring client deliverables not only comply with, but surpass international hydrographic standards and client specific parameters.
Our specialized equipment includes a range of single beam, multi-beam, and side scan systems paired with high precision GPS or Robotic Total Stations. This allows our Hydrography experts to tailor the approach to the type of project regardless of the environment based on deliverables, desired use of the data, and safety protocols, ensuring our clients receive the best results for their specific requirements. Whether it is for volume determination, existing facilities inspection and mapping, dredging projects, or design projects as part of engineering works, Global Raymac’s expertise and technology ensures a complete solution regardless of the environmental constraints onsite.
- Bathymetric Mapping
- Volume Surveys
- Scour Investigations / Mapping
- Pond Liner Integrity Surveys
- Depth of Cover Surveys
- In-stream Construction Asbuilts
- Target Search Surveys
- Sedimentation Accumulation Surveys
- Single Beam Transducers
- Dual Frequency Transducers
- Sidescan Imaging
- Shallow Water, Wide Band Multibeam Systems
- High Precision Inspection Sonar Systems
Efficiency and Mobility
- Utilizing Remotely Controlled and Autonomous surface vehicles allows for rapid deployment, minimal mobilization time, and full heli-portable systems providing access to our clients’ most remote sites as efficiently and safely as any other site.
- Our development of custom proprietary programming within our autonomous system, provides high accuracy grid lines or transects, which permit our crews to perform additional survey tasks simultaneously to reduce the time required onsite.
- In the rare instance where the project area is beyond the operational abilities of our Remote and Autonomous systems, we have jet boats, river boats, and lake boats among other custom solutions which can be utilized to complete the desired scope.
- Access to multiple systems and industry connections ensures we can provide solutions for every project type regardless of scope.
Risk Mitigation and Safety
- Our unique approach to utilizing custom Remote Control and Autonomous operations, means we rarely have staff actually on the water. Instead, our work is generally performed from the safety of the banks, while still providing the same or better coverage as traditional manned units, greatly reducing project risks for our clients.
- In light of Occupational Health and Safety’s minimal standards around this type of work, Global Raymac has developed our own in-depth safety training program for all water environments that allows us to meet our organization’s stringent safety requirements and protect our people, our clients and that mitigates risks associated with these kinds of projects. Our team is required to have full certification to operate on ice and in swift water. Every member is trained in swift water operations and on ice operations including working on river ice.
- We help reduce the costs by utilizing our Remote-Control systems, which minimize staffing requirements to collect data. Our comprehensive safety protocols, procedures and extensive technical training improve efficiencies in the field and reduce the need for rework. We further streamline our workflow with custom processing software. All of this equates to reduced costs from traditional bathymetric surveys by 10% to 50% depending on scope of the project and the project area.