UAV Specialists Party Chiefs – Calgary, AB
Global Raymac Surveys is seeking experienced Party Chiefs with their mind in the point clouds but their feet firmly planted on the ground. The ever-evolving role of the surveyor now places
a greater emphasis on mass data collection, processing and delivery with exciting instruments such as 3D laser scanners, Drones and sub-millimeter Laser trackers.
This role is expected to primarily be focused on 3D laser scanning and UAV surveying,
acquisition, and delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to perform data processing other
construction survey as a compliment to the 3D scanning and UAV data collection.
The successful candidates must be familiar with all aspects of surveying. The individual will join a growing and dynamic team-oriented atmosphere that will provide a fulfilling work
At Global Raymac, our enthusiastic team thrives in an environment that encourages innovative thinking and those who have an aspiration to make a difference.
• 2-4 year Post-Secondary Geomatics Engineering Technology or Geomatics
• Fast technical learner
• Proven client service orientation
• Strong listening and communication skills.
• Internally motivated and achievement orientated. Self-starter
• Ability and the will to get things done!
• 5+ years field and/or office experience
• Preference will be given to those who are experienced and/or proficient in their use
and application of the following programs
o Z+F Series of Laser Scanners or Leica P series scanners
o Z+F Laser Controller or Leica Cyclone
o EBee lines of drones
o Map Pilot / DJI Go / Litchie
o Trimble Access
o Trimble and Leica Total Stations
o Leica Levelling systems
o Trimble GPS units
o Trimble Business Centre
o Microsoft Office
o Capturing Reality
• Strong working knowledge of construction workflows and acceptable
• Experience working in a variety of settings including plant facilities, urban construction,
earthworks construction and fabrication yards
• Valid driver’s license is required and experience operating ATV’s and snowmobiles is
• Valid, applicable safety courses are required and will be provided if necessary
• Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is
• Team oriented attitude and strong work ethic
• Complete field work when required; Establish strong survey control networks.
• Integration of control networks with 3D terrestrial scanning data and/or operate UAV
• Complete field data acquisition of 3D scanning projects.
• High precision surveying
• Mentor junior staff and lead field team
• Adhere to all in house and client EH&S standards and documentation processes.
• Complete accountability for company gas card and credit card purchases
associated with their field work
• Equipment maintenance, control, repair and inventory accountability
• Complete interpretation of, and execution of, Project Manager field direction
• Data collection and field measurement downloading & accuracy
• Advanced calculation skills and angle/ distance measurement
• Time sheet entry & expense oversight for themselves and their assistant
• Ensures the completion of Field Hazard documentation and assessment
• Responsible for their own safe conduct within the field and for identifying and
rectifying any hazards and or unsafe working situations
• Responsible to ensure their own Personal Protective Equipment is in good working
order and worn according to the GRSI Health and Safety standards
• Responsible to ensure they demonstrate exemplary safety awareness and standards
and oversee all Survey Assistant activity to ensure they also maintain all GRSI Health
and Safety standards
• Advanced level field note taking & accountability
• Division specialization, and demonstrated excellence in a given discipline of field
survey (Oilfield, Large Scale Construction sites etc.)
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to the and quote opportunity code PCCONUAV-06200001.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!