Survey Crew Chiefs/Field Representatives, Construction
If you are you an energetic, experienced, and driven geomatics professional that wants a challenge, we want you to join our team! Our Construction team is looking for qualified Survey Crew Chiefs to work on various construction projects in the Vancouver area. In this role you will work closely with the Project Managers and many stakeholders throughout the organization.
Global Raymac is leading surveying, geospatial, and engineering firm that leverages our team and technology to offer innovative solutions. You’ll be joining a creative, multi-disciplinary team of 200 spread across 9 offices in AB & BC. Our people are involved in some of Canada’s largest construction, energy, and transportation projects.
We are committed to creating an engaging, safe, and respectful environment for our people and we’re proud to support the communities in which we live and work. We are innovators, unique problem solvers, collaborators and are looking for enthusiastic people to join us!
• Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent
• Well versed in the operation of Total Stations, GNSS Technology and other data collection technologies
• Minimum 2 years of construction surveying experience
• Willingness to work away from home for extended periods as required.
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Valid, applicable safety courses are required and will be provided if necessary
• Compliance with Global Raymac’s Drug and Alcohol policy is required (screening is mandatory)
• Team oriented attitude and strong work ethic
• Complete accountability and oversight for a field survey work as assigned
• Autonomous station and equipment setup
• Complete field, and on site, client communication and management accountability
• Full and autonomous field stakeout set up (level and control networks etc.)
• Full accountability and ability, to support, direct and assess Location Management and Survey Standards
• Decision making authority for supply and equipment maintenance and company asset repair and maintenance
• Complete accountability for company credit card purchases associated with their field work
• Equipment maintenance, control, repair and inventory accountability
• Complete interpretation of, and execution of, Project Manager field direction
• Data collection and field measurement downloading & accuracy
• Advanced calculation skills and angle/ distance measurement
• Time sheet entry & expense oversight for themselves and their assistant
• Ensures the completion of Field Hazard documentation and assessment
• Responsible for their own safe conduct within the field and for identifying and rectifying any hazards and or unsafe working situations
• Responsible to ensure their own Personal Protective Equipment is in good working order and worn according to the GRSI Health and Safety standards
• Responsible to ensure they demonstrate exemplary safety awareness and standards and oversee all Survey Assistant
The compensation package for this position will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to the firstname.lastname@example.org and quote opportunity code PC-C-VAN-20220201.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!