Geomatics Technologist - Pipeline & Integrity
Global Raymac is one of Western Canada’s leading surveying, geomatics, and engineering firms that leverages the latest technology to offer our clients innovative solutions to their unique projects.
We are a creative, multi-disciplinary organization with 40 years of industry experience, over 200 employees, 54 field crews, and 8 offices. Ourpeople are involved in some of Canada’s largest projects in construction, oil and gas, and transportation.
We are committed to creating an engaging, safe, and respectful environment for our people and we’re proud to support the communities in which we live and work. We are innovators, unique problem solvers, and collaborators, and are looking for enthusiastic people like you!
We are seeking a Geomatics Technologist for our Pipeline & Integrity projects group. The successful candidate will be responsible for project coordination, survey computations and survey plan QA/QC for a variety of Pipeline and Integrity related projects. Your role will be dynamic, exciting, and rewarding as you support your fellow team in a fulfilling work environment.
• 2-year Post-Secondary Geomatics Engineering Technology or equivalent (CET or CST designations considered an asset)
• Working knowledge, experience and application of the ALSA Manual of Standard Practice and applicable Acts, BC Oil and Gas Commission Guidelines, AER/AEP Guidelines and Requirements, etc.
Experienced and proficient in the use of MicroSurvey, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Trimble Business Centre, CSA Z662
• Ability to read Engineering Alignment Sheets and other Engineering Drawings
Preference given to those who have worked on Large Diameter Pipeline projects
• Strong working knowledge of CAD requirements
• Working knowledge of industry related legislations associated with various land organizations
• Strong competencies in planning, organizing and prioritizing
• Excellent computer and equipment application skills
• Support the Project Manager by ensuring field and office timelines are being met in order of priority
• Review products for completeness, quality, and confirm all requirements are met
• Prepare information required for field crews to successfully perform their duties
• Influence innovation and assist with the development of our new technologies
The compensation package for this position will commensurate with the level of responsibility of the position as well as the candidate’s qualifications.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply in confidence to the email address provided and quote opportunity code CPIP-GT-20210429.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Raymac is a creative, multi-disciplined company with a respectful culture that inspires our employees while engaging in sustainable practices and delivering exceptional value to our partners. Global Surveys was founded in 1986 and Raymac Surveys in 1978, with both companies firmly establishing themselves in the fabric of Alberta’s Land Surveying community. After serving the Energy and Municipal sectors across the province for more than 25 years, the companies joined forces in 2010 to form Global Raymac Surveys and we haven’t looked back since!